These are tutorials for High School students setup their Online Portfolios.
Step 1. Are you a NEW student at Graded?
If you are NOT a NEW student, then proceed to Step 2.
If you ARE a NEW student: FIRST follow the screencasts below to create a new blog. THEN follow the next steps just as the returning Graded students.
Step 1A. Create a Blogger Account : watch this screencast with instructions
Step 1B. Create a NEW Blog: watch this screencast with instructions
Step 1C. Setup Blog Privacy, Language and Timestamp : watch this screencast with instructions
Step 1D. Setup LABEL GADGET for your Blog : watch this screencast with instructions
Step 1E. Setup LABELS to Start Posting : watch this screencast with instructions
9th grade, math, science, english, social studies, bss, portuguese, visual arts, phe, balanced, comunicator, critical thinker, curious, inclusive, innovative, reflective, responsible, risk-taker
Step 2. Create Easy Access to Subjects
But WHAT IF I don’t have labels for a new subject area in High School like BSS? Once you start posting for BSS and create the label for the first time, then you can add the Subject Menu-Tab at your Pages Gadget!
Step 3. Add Showcase Start Page
Copy/Paste SHOWCASE Page content from HERE
Step 4. Add Showcase Pages for Your Classes
Step 5. Separate Labels for Different Subjects
Copy/Paste SUBJECT LABELS from HERE
STEP 5A. CREATE TEXT BOXES WITH LABEL NAMES – Screencast tutorial:
STEP 5 B. ADD LINKS TO LABEL NAMES – Screencast tutorial:
Step 6. Always use Grade, Subject and ClassName as labels
9th grade, subject, class name, learning goal
Step 7. Now if you want to know more
- Copy and Paste the Embed code below as shown in the screencast:
- Edit the embed code to include width and height of the window to the Google Doc. See in blue at the example below:
Create a link to a Google Doc or any Webpage
- Google Doc:
- Go to the Google Doc and Share with Anyone with the Link can View.
- Copy the URL of the Google Doc.
- Blogger Post:
- Highlight the words in the blog post that you want to turn into a link.
- Click on the Link option at the top menu.
- Paste the Google Doc URL.
- Click on the option Open on a New Window.